Re: The usage of Ka Varga SabdhAs by Swami Desikan in Varadaraja Sthavam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 14, 1997

Sriman Vidyasankar writes:
> Many upanishads mention that the letter Ka stands for Brahman.
> Ka also stands for AkASa among the pancabhUtas.

This brought to mind the Chhandogya Upanishad vaakya which
teaches this explicitly:

	kam brahmA, kham brahmA

	yad eva kham, tad eva kam

kam is understood as bliss; kham means the AkASa, colloquially
the sky (Sanskrit scholars please correct me if I am wrong!).

That which is limitless and infinite like the AkASa is Brahman,
and that very same Brahman is the abode of all bliss.  What is
Infinite is blissful, what is inherently blissful is Infinite.
This is a restatement of the Bhuma-Vidya which also occurs in
the Chhandogya, as also the Taittiriya which so forcefully
states "satyam jnaanam anantam brahma" -- "Brahman is Truth,
Knowledge, Infinity."

Mani