Re: Can Sri Vaishnavas count?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 11, 1996

On Mar 11,  6:33pm, Parthasarati Dileepan wrote:
> According to my source Sri Ramanuja who first refused
> to even look at INA, later acquiesced for it to be recited
> along with DP.

When Amudhanaar first composed Iraamaanusa NooRandhaadhi (INA),
Ramanuja objected to it because it did not contain enough
references to the aazhvaars. Amudhanaar revised the poem
to show how Ramanuja was indebted to the aazhvaars and
enjoyed their paasurams.  Ramanuja then approved of the
poem.  This episode is mentioned in the 6000 Guruparampara
Prabhaavam.

I am not sure if this is the same as what Dileepan is
referring to, but it may be.

Mani