temple reconstruction

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 9, 1995

I fully agree with Ramjee,  we need to set up an annual fund drive to
collect funds for temples.  If we disregard this it will be very wrong of us
who consider ourselves as devotees of srimannarayana.  I recently got a big
brochure from our 45th Azhagia singar for collection of funds to build an
ahobilamutt complex in tirupati. There are a set of friends in washington
DC who are forming an organization (tax exempt) for this sole purpose.
we have to show some real action in this regard. we may not have the
funds to really fulfill the needs. but if we have an organized approach
I feel we can do a lot in the area of fund raising for temples.  I will include
a copy of the brochure in the email by our acharya - azhagia singar.  we
need to organize and pool in a pot of money and suitably distribute it to
appropriate recipients.  I will also mail the details of this organization
which has been formed recently.

krishna

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From tramjee@lehman.com Thu Mar  9 14:29:52 1995
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 95 14:14:03 EST
From: Thiruvengadathan  Ramjee  212 526 1759
To: siyengar@himalaya.sps.mot.com, prapatti@srirangam.esd.sgi.com
Subject: Tiruvarangam Temple

Could we come up with a yearly fund drive or some other plan to
collect money and send to temples in India?  I know there are more
temples like this that need attention and we cant let them down.  Let
us face it.  These temples cannot be left alone to wither.  Our next
generation will definitely loose the identity and the appreciation.

T. Ramjee                       All opinions expressed are mine and
Lehman Brothers                 do not reflect that of my employer
3 World Financial Center
NY, NY 10285
Ph: (212) 526-1759