Re: Lord Narasimha

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 19, 2003

Dear Srinath,

 I have heard from Vainkuta vaasi Mukkur SriLakshmi Narashimacharya,
that  the Lord tears open Hiranyakasipu to see whether he has some
love/intention to surrender towards the Lords hidden in some corner of
his heart. Though the Lord knows hiranyakasipu doesn't He is showing
us that He always gives us a chance before punishing. Hence this act
of His even more establishes His Kaarunyam.
 adiyen
lakshmi

--- In bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com, Srinath Venkatakrishnan
 wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> Me and my  friend visited SingaperumaL koil and were discussing
about the story of  Lord Narasimha, he was asking how can a GOD be so
barbaric in removing and wearing the liver of dead iranyakasibu. He
was telling that Lord Rama asked to perform last rites to vali and
Ravana after their death but why narasimha alone who is also a avatar
of lord vishnu can do this to a dead person. I could not answer him.
Can any learned member help me?