RE: Digest Number 847 [Lord Narasimhan]

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 14, 2003

Sri Krishnaya Namah!

Dear Sri Naidu,

If u deem bhakthi/samarpana bhava as a sentiment, I agree that is the
sentiment one should develop and that's how great dasas - Purandara
Dasa/Kanaka Dasa/Kabir/Thukaram/Meera etc., have flourished in pure
bhakthi.  They surrendered to God and that's it.  Why even Gopikas
surrounding Lord Kannan have no gyana about Lord Krishna, which is left
Uddhava dumb founded & flabbergasted.

In bhagavadgita Lord Krishna says - "zyana yogena sankhyanam, karma yogo
vishishtathe"  thus while doing karma be a sanyasi and that is the best of
all yogas.   I am not saying one should not attain knowledge but I am just
saying that bhakthi and surredering to God/samarpana bhava is the highest
of all paths laid down by the Lord.

Net net,  the devotion/samarpana bhava towards God is what is necessary
than knowledge about God and his deeds.  While it is necessary that we
should surrender to God - kaya, vacha, manasa,   we just can't fulfill our
urge to know God as he is beyond our reasoning and intellect.   Devotion
towards God is more opt now than Knowledge about God (which is difficult to
possess though to some extent we are knowledgeable and without which our
devotion too is not total)

Actually, even if we do get answers about his deeds, through scriptures
etc., it is still not enough as God is beyond words.  Words can't describe
him in totality.  He is beyond words, as words do have limitations of ones
intellect and that's how we have his gyana avataars in the form of Nara &
Narayana, Sage Kapila, Krishna Dwaipayana who taught us about Him.

Finally, I appreciate your urge to know and hope that you will get your
doubts clarified.

Sukumar

Sri Krishna Parabrahmane Namah!