RE: Digest Number 847 [Lord Narasimhan]

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 14, 2003

Sri Krishnaya Namah!

Dear devotees,

With my limited knowledge I can only say that -

Ravana & Vali have been killed for reasons (Ravana for Disturbing vedic
rituals, causing untold harm to brahman folk; Vali being illogically cruel
having questioned the very relationship between brothers and abducted Tara
(Sugriva's wife as also made out himself as a terror figure in kishkinda
duly aided by the boon), unlike Hiranyakashipu.

Hiranyakashipu is a character who is the embodiment of the feeling of 'I'
which is not good.  He has caused untold damage to all the bhaktas/rushis
and bhagavathas during that time by instructing them to do all those for
him and not Him.  He has questioned the very existence of God, challenged
Him as also propogated to the world that he is the only lord.  This is
height of atheism.

Another major point that Lord proved is that his bhakthas are protected by
Him always.  Prahlada was saved number of times from Hiranyakasipu's
ghastly deeds and all the while, Lord is waiting for the opportune moment.
 Also, He is teaching a lesson, indirectly to Lord Brahma, on giving varam.
 To what extent a boon has to be given and to whom.  Lord Brahma has
blessed Hiranyakasipu in such a way that Lord has very few options.

Whoever disturbs the flow of life, whoever caused untold harm for the vedic
rituals by misdirecting them, whoever instil fear among His devotees and
try to erase them, will see hell and Lord has shown us as how such a person
will see hell where he questions the very existence of Lord.

Rest, as to how he has been killed etc., are of no importance as long as we
realise that Lord gets angry against any person who goes against his
commandments.  It happened physically during Kruthayuga but in Kaliyuga,
for all our misdeeds - outward & inward, we have been treated in the same
way but with different proportions/manner and at different times.   It is
beyond our realisation as we are caught in deep/murky waters of
maya/agnana.

Infact, this avataar is one of the beautiful and one of the kindest of all
the avataars, having promised to mankind and His devotees that He is there
for them, and he will get berserk on those who are adharmic and unable to
contain himself.  Only Prahlada (not even Chechulakshmi, Brahma, Rudra and
many devas) can calm him down.  That is the relationship He has with
bhagavathas and that is the importance/respect (is there a better word) he
gives to His devotees, thereby giving a lesson to all bhutas in the world
(devas, rakshasas and everyone).

Net net, I only think that we should just humbly bow to Him and minimise
our curiosity to question the cause for His deeds.  His deeds are always
unquestionable, that we know, but why should we want to know, how is it
unquestionable.   God is violent but on whom. Why there is an urge to prove
the same or the contrary.   God is beyond our reasons.

Lastly, Pardon me that I have gone a bit ashtray in voicing my feelings.
 Somehow, after seeing several mails on Lord Narasimha and the intestines
etc., I can't stop but voice my opinion here.   Hope You will accept my
apologies.

Sukumar

Sri Krishna Parabrahmane Namah!!