Re: vithuvakottu ammaan and kulasekara azvar

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 20, 2002

SrI:
Dear Srimathi GeethA Rangarajan:

Location of the Dhivya Desam
*****************************
This dhivya dEsam is one of the thriteen MalayALa
Naattu dhivya dEsam .It is one mile from the village
of PattAmbi in today's Kerala .It is on the road from
GuruvAyoor to ShOranoor , some ten miles from
Shoranoor. Locally it is called ThirumitthirakkOdu.
The worship is not with VaishNava Aagamams , but
Taantrikam . PerumAL stands facing South (Uyaavantha
perumAL and ThAyAr is VitthuvakkOttu Valli).VimAnam is
Tatthva Kaanchana VimAnam. Only KulasEkara AzhwAr
has sung about this PerumAL.

I will cover the significance of these Paasurams
in another posting.

V.Sadagopan

--- In Oppiliappan@y..., "geetha_rangarajan2000"
 wrote:
> Dear respected members
>
> adiyen has got a couple of doubts  from kulasekara perumal's
'perumal  tirumozhi'.  the first is on vithuvakottu ammaan.  Azhvar
has  composed 10 pasurams on this perumal.

(1) Would the members know where  this temple is?