Re: [SriRangaSri] shodasa ayuda

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 2, 2002

Hari Om. thanks for the clarification. whether is is a
Bana or an Astra, Rama's weapons are endowed with
great intelligence and compassion, derived by His
touch, it seems. His intention was always to reform
and not to destroy. So whether it is Maricha, who
could run away from His Bana or Kakasura who could
keep running ahead of Rama's Astra, the message seems
to be this: God is very merciful. He wants us to
behave properly. He, out of His compassion gives us a
long rope but finally pulls us to Him.

      Continuing Kakasura's story, when he finally
comes and seeks refuge at His feet and when mother
Sita too requests Sri Rama to forgive her errant,
rogue son, He does forgive, but takes away Kakasura's
Vakra Drishti in the form of one eye. And left a story
with powerful morals for generations to come.

       While on the subject of offering an eye, two
more puranic stories come to mind. That of Sri Bhrigu
Maharshi and Bhakta Kannappa. Again the lessons are
profound.

Let us thank our great ancestors, who have left us
this vast treasure.

Hari Om.

Swamy SV

http://sports.yahoo.com