Re: Digest Number 277

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 16, 2001

--- In bhakti-list@y..., "Mohan Sagar"  wrote:

> I am not sure whether the town name is correct, but I have heard
> about this famous LakshmiNarasimhan koil where a lamp is said to
> flicker to the Lord's breath.   If I recall correctly, this was
> mentioned in a posting in Bhakti list, where it was mentioned
> that this temple was one among several temples in Andhra where HH
> Sri Mukkur LakshmiNarasimha Tatacharya  Swamy officiated over Sri
> LakshmiNarasimha Yagnam.
>
> Perhaps others can shed more light on this....
>
> Ramanuja Dasan
> Mohan

Yes. 106th Swathy Yagnam was performed here following the
Naimisaranyam Yagnam. More details on this and other temples
can be read from Sri Mukoor LakshmiNarasimhacharyar's
'Mattapalliyil malarndha marai porul'. This book talks about
the greatness of Mattapally uses the same style  HH 42nd Jeer
used to write about Sri Ahobilam.

Might be the name is Vadepalli instead of VAdapalli.

adiyEn
Rajagopalan Srinivasan