Re: Petition to Save Srirangam Periya Perumaal

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 8, 2001

Dear Srimans Diwakar Kannan , Mani Vararadrajan and Fellow BhakthAs:

I welcome the initiatives sugggested by Both Srimans Kannan & Mani .
The report from our Sriman Thirumanjanam Sundararajan  from
the "battle front " indicates the need for quick action by us to
make known our views at this critical juncture.

LET US MOVE FAST AND SEND OUTR PROTESTS
IN BIG NUMBERS . THE LARGER NUMBER OF E-MAILS ,
THE LOBBYING WOULD HAVE TEETH.

IT IS TOO LATE FOR TELEPHONE CALLS.

I can not imagine Srirangam as being devoid of Sri and Just being
a Rangam . Same goes for Sri RanganAthan , the Lord of Srirangam .
Our AzhwArs and AchAryALs have made it abundantly clear.
Our sampradhAyam is SRI SAMPRADHAAYAM .

It is my assessment that the Government officials and politicians need
crisp& Loud  messages . Volume of consistent messages from here to selected
individuals in the chain of Tamil Nadu Government ( the Chief Secretary/
A.P. Mutthuswamy and and the HRE Commisssioner/S.Ramakrishnan)
would be essential given the shortness of time ( D-Day being tomorrow ).

It is my further assessment that e-mail to the above two officials
would get the message to the Chief Minister to put  a hold on
developments and buy the time to reverse the course before March 15.

PLEASE SEND YOUR E-MAILS TODAY TO BOTH THESE
ADDRESSES. I HAVE THE E-MAIL FOR THE CHIEF MINISTER AT HOME AND
WILL SEND THAT TO YOU AS WELL FOR INCLUSION , IF YOU WISH.

I am attaching  a sample letter , which can be customized :

Thiru A.P.Mutthuswamy IAS
Chief Secretary
Tamil Nadu Governement

Thiru S.Ramakrishnan  IAS
Tamil Development & Culture and Religious Endowment
Tamil Nadu Government

Dear Thiru Mutthuswamy and Thiru Ramakrishnan :

As a native of Tamil Nadu ( Karnataka/Andhra Pradesh)residing in USA ,
I am distressed to learn about the removal of MahA Lakshmi  and Sri Vatsam
from the chest of Lord RanganAthA and replacement of them with
a Tantric symbol . Traditional and scriptural authority for the residence
of MahA Lakshmi on the chest of Lord RanganAthA is overwhelming.

I understand that a decison will be made on this issue of serious interest
on March 9 . I appeal to you to restore Mahaa Lakshmi and Sri Vatsam
to their rightful and traditional place on the chest of Lord RanganAtha
and stick to the timeless traditions of worship at this ancient temple.

Thank you in advance for the requested restoration ,

Dr.V.Sadagopan
President , Networked Multimedia Services
Scarborough , NY