Re: Priests

From the Bhakti List Archives

• March 8, 2001

Dear Bhaktas,

This pitiable condition of our archakas and others who do kainkaryam to
Perumal is a result of the orientation of the SriVaishnava community at
large wherein such "professions" are generally looked down upon.
We only have to look towards the West where a parish priest or a minister
has great standing within his community and is greatly respected. Also
having a formal organised setup does help them a great deal.
Is it time for us to adopt such a formal setup?

Dasan
Narayanan