RE: prapatti in BG as upAya?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 24, 1998

Dear bhAgawatas and Dear SrimAn Venkataraghavan,

Some clarifications to my previous mail.

The book I have been reading is written by U. Ve. V. N. Gopala Desikan, who
is a distinguished VisishtAdwaitic scholar in his own right and belongs to
an illustrious family of vidvAns that includes his own father and uncle and
his grand father who is none other than U. Ve. Navaneetham KrishnamAchArya
SwAmigaL.  The book relies for its content totally on Srimad BG Bhasyam by
Sri RamanujAchArya and TAtparya Chandrika by Sri VedAnta Desika.  So, I
believe there is no question in my mind that the book I am reading belongs
to the VisishtAdwaitic sampradAyam.  I did not choose to give these details
in my previous mail since I felt that was irrelevant.

Anyway, the point I requested the esteemed bhAgawatas of this net for
clarification was simple and pertains only to BG, not to any other sastra.
Where is prapatti instructed in the BG as an explicit upAya to moksha?
Adiyen realizes that prapatti in the sense of surrendering the fruits of
action and the doership to the Lord has been instructed by Sri Krishna
pretty clearly.  But what about surrendering the action itself to the Lord.
Is this told in the BG?  It is fine with me if the answer to this is: "NO."
And I do not agree that prapatti is not an altogether different path, since
our Acharyas would then have instructed us to go do bhakti yoga.  Prapatti
in the context I am using here is certainly a distinct path, way different
from the bhakti yoga/prapatti combination.

Thank you for a prompt reply.
Adiyen,