Countering criticism of Sripad Ramanuja's approach to Vedanta ...

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 28, 2002

Dear Vaishnavas,

Hare Krishna.
Dandavat Pranams.

I just came across this disturbing posting which seems to be wrongly criticial of Sripad Ramanujacharya's application of Vedanta to bhakti and prapatti. The author seems to be saying that Udaiyavar has taken sharanagati from Tamil paasurams and is then inserting this into Vedanta which is otherwise absent of bhakti as sharanagati. In this way, this gentlemen seems to be downplaying the essential love for the Lord as expounded in Vedanta.

How may we counter this ?

I have placed the relevant articles below for contextual purposes and have highlighted the more crucial sections in bold.

Vaishnava dasanudasan
R. Jai Simman
Singapore

from meykandar@yahoogroups.com