Re: Is this list serving any purpose?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 4, 2002

srimathe ramanujaya namah
namo narayana

dear sri mani,
adiyal would just like to echo what sri vishvanath had stated. :) this group
has guided me and alot of others as well in our sri sampradhayam. if
anything the posts in this list has changed my whole life. :) so please
don't entertain thoughts of ending it!

the list is just a little dormant at the moment, swamy, that's all. the
guidelines are not restrictive but precise. so please don't be harsh on
yourself.

for my part i would like to ask a few questions to all bhaagavatas,

1) what is the difference between the monthly ekadesi and annual ekadesi?
2) how does one observe the fast properly?
3) what is the significance of avoiding grains during ekadesi?
4) i heard that if one misses the monthly ekadesi-s then s/he can make up by
observing the annual ekadesi. is this true?

thank you all in advance :))
and sri mani, pls do keep doing the wonderful kainkaryam that your doing for
our beloved perumal and piratti :)))

lottsa krishna premai
kalaivani
andal thiruvadigale saranam
jai sriman narayana
govinda govinda govinda :)

>From: Vishinutah@aol.com
>To: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: Is this list serving any purpose?
>Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:49:29 EDT
>
>Dear Mani - My $0.02.
>
>There is no doubt this list serves many purposes. I was introduced to the
>notion of prapatti as a result of this group (way back when the list was
>small) in a non sectarian, noninvasive, non-condescending, simple manner.
>The
>knowledge gained from reading material posted here has changed my life. I
>was
>led to my Acharya as a result of associations I developed while
>participating
>in this list. There will be many discussion groups that may emerge as a
>result of the increased interest in the subject matter surround the
>teachings
>of our Acharyas - but this list will stand out as serving a very unique
>purpose. And Mani, your fingerprints are all over the tremendous impact
>that
>this list has had on me and numerous others. Don't even think about
>'ending'
>this list.  Hey, without His will, you will not be able to end this even if
>you try :)
>
>May Sriman Narayana's blessings shower on you.
>
>Adiyen Vishwanath

radhe krishna!