Re: Sriman Badrinath's Questions

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 27, 2001

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:
Jai Sriman Narayana:

Adiyaen have following observations. Might not answer your queries
completely. However, they may provide you some more insights.

1. Attributing kalyana gunas no way undermines the prowess of Supreme Being
Sriman Narayan as He is omniscient. Contemplating on His kalyana gunas helps
devotees to focus on the Supreme Being much better rather than focussing on
attributeless form(Soonya). There are many instances in scriptures to prove
that Sriman Narayana is full of kalyana gunas. Wherever the "attributeless"
nature is mentioned in scriptures, it denotes that He is without bad
attributes arising out of karma & prakruti. As He is above prakruti & karma,
He does not possess those inauspicious attributes.

2. Though human beings are specks of cosmic dust they are (among) the ones
who can perceive the Supreme Being and contemplate on Him. When human beings
surrender to the lotus feet of Sriman Narayana, He takes pleasure in helping
them by liberating them from the ocean of samsara.

3. As far as other beings intelligent than human beings are concerned, I
have no comments. But human beings pray for universal welfare & ultimately
for liberation. When human beings pray for universal welfare, that includes
every cosmic speck including the more intelligent beings if any.

4. Since we are human beings, we probably focus more on the human specific
aspects of the Supreme Being which need not necessarily mean that Supreme
Being is only for human beings. He is part of Chetana (Sentient Beings) &
Achetana (Insentient Beings/things).

That is all Adiyaen has to say. Over to experts..........

I admire your gumption in posting a mail with your questions. Hope you will
find more logical & convincing answers from this esteemed group.

Jai Sriman Narayana:

Adiyaen Ramanujadasan
Aravind Raman