Re: Acharya Sambhavanai Mantras please ?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 6, 2001

--- In bhakti-list@y..., "Rajeev Karamchedu"  wrote:
> If the person is a grihasta, the appropriate anuvaakam
> are from the Taittiriya Upanishad [...]

Normally the section beginning with 'caraNam pavitram vitatam
purANam' is recited for householders or brahmacharins. Perhaps
sometimes the Taittiriya Anandavalli is recited as
well, as Rajeev writes above.

>From what I have been taught, 'na karmaNa, na prajayA ...'
should be recited only for sannyasis and not for acharyas
such as Nammalvar or Swami Desika. The reason is that
strictly speaking that sentence applies to a renunciate
and not others.