RE: "Sarvatantra Swatantrar, Abhinava Desikar, U.Ve.Uttamoor Veeraraghavachariar"

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 2, 2001

I just wanted to mention that if one wants to understand paramartha
bhusanam, one has to understand "shatadushani" of sri Vedanta desika.

We have an English translation done by Sri SMS Chari , who is a genius in
our siddhantam.  Incidentally SMS chari is in Los Angeles and will be
visiting San diego this week.  If one wants to understand some details you
may want to contact him at 818-348-8182 or (760) 747-7577

He has completed his book on "comparitive analysis of commentaries on
Upanisads". Now he will be working on " comparitive analysis of commentaries
on Bhagavadgita ".  I will be meeting him tomorrow.

If you want to order "advaita and visistadvaita" - ( shatadushani) , please
contact dileepan at dileepan@utc.edu

Krishna

-----Original Message-----
From: Malolan Cadambi [mailto:mcadambi@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 2:56 PM
To: malolan_net@yahoogroups.com
Subject: "Sarvatantra Swatantrar, Abhinava Desikar, U.Ve.Uttamoor
Veeraraghavachariar"

sri:

Dear Bhaktas,

It was a great delight to read about paramArtha-bhUshanam written by
U.Ve.K.K.Anand.

I was reading an article in the Hindu about Mahamahopadya Noorni Sri
Ananthakrishna Sastri.

Here it is interesting to note that the Sankaracharya of Puri,
(Gobardhan Peetham) awarded the title of "Sarvatantra Swatantram" to
Sri Noorni Ananthakrishna Sastrigal.

But it is very clear that the title of Sarvatantra Swatantra, is a
small title for one of the greatest vidwans of this century, Abhinava
Desikar Uttamoor Veeraraghavachariar.

For the benefit of members, I have provided below a link about Noorni
Ananthakrishna Sastri. His level of vaidhikam is truly laudable.

I wish to enquire if we can expect and abridged translation of Sri
ParamArthbhUshanam in the near future...

http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/2000/07/07/stories/13070781.htm

Uttamoor Swami thiruvadigale sharanam.

adiyen ramanuja daasan,

Malolan Cadambi