pathetic sight of srivaishnavas

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 21, 1999

I totally agree with Shri balaji venkateshan. I felt the same when I had
visited the Divya Desams in and around Kanchipuram. It is really a sad state
of affairs. While we in the Bhakti group try to raise funds for
samporkshanam and other mega festivals for different perumals, we should
also strive to, to something for such temples. My humble suggestions would
be members of the group to adopt a temple of their choice and start helping
these great Divya Desams, in their own little way.

Organizations like TVS and other srvaishnavas have helped only the prominent
temples like parthasarathy temple etc, but what about the others.?? It is
defenitely upto us to help these temples out and contribute in our own
fashion . Littel drops of water make an ocean. So let us all start by
contributing atleast a dollar a day to some divya desam and help them with a
day's oil for perumal vilakku or probably even a mazham of flowers.

The problem I have also noticed with some temples is, when yo usend money to
a trust or a commitee, they do not disperse it properly and eventually ends
up unused. So I think we all should do as much as possible when we visit
these temples or probably send some funding to our relatives in India,
requeting them to use the money for a DD of our choice.

Like Shri balaji has said, there might not be many archakas left to do the
Nitya Aradhana for our beloved Lord Sriman Narayana and the temples
obviously will become dilapated.

I am not sure where to start and certainly welcome some direction from the
revered members of the group and am willing to contribute as much as
possible for this cause, for what we have today, tomorrow and forever is due
to the grace of the Divya Dampathis and it is defenitely our duty to make
sure that his place of worship lasts forever as well.

As for our great Government, all they are doing to make the situation worse
is to take over the temple lands and make sustenance for the temple and the
priests extremely difficult.

I have never participated in any discussions in the past due to my lack of
spiritual knowledge. However, reading Balaji's mail as well as reading some
earlier mails from members of this group has stirred my emotions.

I apologize to all members if I have written too much . All views expressed
are mine alone.

Adiyen

Jayakrishna Vijayaraghavan