Re: Desika, nyaasa tilakam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 2, 1998

SrI:

Dearest Sri Ubhaya Vedantha Vachaspathi (Sri Mani),

Hat off to you for your meanings in both Sanskrit and in Tamil. Your
interest, your depth of references, knowledge, enjoyment, is simply
excellent. A true ubhaya Vedanthi. A good example in Tamil and in Sanskrit.

You are a model for youngsters; a model for those who are born/brought up
outside India (why outside? even in India) and are not exposed to our
traditions at all, while you have been blessed by Divya Dampati to have
such great depths of involvement.

I take this opportunity to bring another point of attention to my Dearest
Sisters and Brothers that it is mainly parents who influence to a very
large extent for inculcating such interests in our children,- not possible
just overnight -.

Also, it is not right on our part to expect our boys (and girls) to do
sandhyaavandhanam and recite slokas regularly, when we can walk off to our
office with no such regular, daily prayers/Sandhyavandhanams. Set an
example to kids; (e.g :Hang the shirt in front of the children; they will
automatically follow us). No point in waking up, when they reach teens and
are beyond control.

Just a loud thinking. Not that I know. Nothing is of course in our hands;
It is He who does all. Let us pray to Him for His grace on us.

Ram Ram

Regards

Narayana dAsan madhavakkannan