Re: Kaimkaryam at Oppiliappan Koil

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 8, 1997

A CORRECTION AND AN UPDATE ON KAIMKARYAM
FOR BHUMI DEVI AT OPPILIAPPAN KOIL :

Dear Fellow BhakthAs of Bhumi Devi :
I have enclosed a note from Sri RangarAjan
Sridharan of Singapore , which is self explanatory.
I have also been advised independently by
Sri Venakatanathan that he will be tied up
with official duties for the next two months and
that he would request the GodhA priyA committe to
take over his responsibilites for the Kaimkaryam.
Those of you in India or those with family members in
India are requested to forward any contributions
to the ThAyAr MaaNickka Kondai Kaimkaryam
to my sister , who is also the President
of the GodhA PriyA committee at he following address:

Mrs.Padma Veeraraghavan
A-5 , Kailash Apatments,
19 and 20 , Station Road
West Mambalam , Chennai 600033
( Phone number : Chennai --481-2108)

Meanwhile , Following members of the
Bhakthi list have either sent their
contributions to me for forwarding or
have pledged support for the Kaimkaryam:

Sri RajA and Srimathi VaidEhi KrishNaswAmy
of Cambridge , Mass -- $ 151

Anonymous donor from west coast --$ 108

Sri Ramesh SarangapaNi of Delaware: $21

Sri S.RengarAjan of Michigan-- A Large Sum
pledged and it will be sent thru his father
at KumbakONam to GodhA PriyA committe.

Sri R.Sridhar of Singapore : donation in India
thru his family.

Sri K.X.Suresh of Singapore -- $ 51

Sri KalyANi KrishNamAchari of Illinois --$ 100

Sri Varadan of Denver : unspecified sum pledged.

So far $431 has been received by me directly.
I will match this sum . The total therefore
as of now is $ 862 . We have now reached
the 43.1% level of the total target of $2,000
for this kaimkaryam from this end.

My sincere thanks to every one of you , who have
responded generously to my request to join in this
once-in-a - lifetime Kaimkaryam to honor our Mother
and receive Her blessings . I will assemble whatever that
is made available , match it 100% and forward it by
the end of this month .

V.Sadagopan

Sri B.Jaganath Of Maryland -- $30