Re: Thirumaalai-31

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 24, 2002

Hari Om. Many many thanks to Smt.Sumitra for the excellent kaimkaryam. I
have been reading her postings casually and deleting them all these days.
But this certainly wnet home. As she says Emperuman (I do strugle with
these words, since my mother tongue is telugu and english is my working
language) knows how to enter our body, mind and senses and 'instruct' us
what to do and what not to do! And correct us and steer us away from the
wrong path! Today is 'Guru Purnima' (Ashadha Purnima as per the lunar year
calender), and today all preceptors (Gurus) are worshipped. Narayana
Samarambham (Sankaracharya or Ramanujacharya or Madhavacharya madhyamam -
depending upon whether you are a smartha, sri vaishnava or a madhwa),
asmadacharya paryantam, vande guru paramparam. I bow to the lineage of
gurus, starting from Sriman Narayana, and ending with my own Guru/Acharya.
Today I got a real guru prasad in the form of this article.

Many thanks again.

Swamy SV

At 13:31 23/07/02 -0700, Sumitra wrote:

>Sri Parthasarathi thunai,
>
>Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
>

>“ Mattrondrum vEinda Maname Madhilarangar
>
>  Kattrinum meitha kazhalinai keezh- uttra
>
>  Thirumaalai paadum seer Thondaradipodi Emperumaanai
>
>  Eppozhudum peesu”
>

>“ Srimat Krishna samahvaya Namo yaamuna soonave
>
>  yetkadAkshai kalakshyAnAm sulabha: Sridara: sadaa”
>

>Pranams,
>

>soodhanAi kalvanAgi dhoordharOdu esaindha kAlam:  Here alwar recollects
how he lost track of bhagavan for sometime involved in the lowkika affairs.
[...]