Re: tiruaadi pooram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 12, 2001

Dear Devotees:

The reason why we celebrate Thirunakshathrams in USA
on dates outside the exact dates , as you guessed,
is to facilitate Bhakthas to visit the temple on
weekends  conveniently.Occasionally , the Thirunakshathrams
fall on a week end (e.g) PeriyAzhwAr's Thirunakshathram ,
Saturday: June 30 .

Strictly speaking , Pooram(Poorva Phalguni) in Aadi
falls on Tuesday , July 24. Srirangam and other temples
celebrate on July 24 for that reason.

V.Sadagopan