Re: Question from Murali Krishna

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 6, 2001

Sriman Sadagopan Swamin please accept my countless
pramanams to you. All, bhagavathas please do not
take this as an insult.
I recall very faintly that Adi Sankara's final
test was an interlude with a person who was
dressed in rags and a derelict. The test was
if the foremost Sriman Narayana Bhaktha Adi Sankara
would discriminate between ephemeral appearance and
the immutable Jeeva inside and add to that
Antaryami Sriman Narayana HIMSELF.
Only when Adi Sankara respected this person was HIS
knowledge deemed complete.
The lesson was that no one may
be judged by appearance alone.

I write software and "find a remedy not a fault"
is one of my favorite quotations. I do not know who
said this. We can apply this here as well.

Going forward how can this incident be prevented.
Why not have the following schemes:
(0) for those who want to satiate their physical
hunger only, have a location where they get food
and on a strictly "take out" mode. Such a location
could be on the periphery.
(2) for those who want more than "food"
(2a) for those who are already observing "saucam"
the usual place where people eat
(2b) for those who are inclined to get cleansed
and get indoctrinated into God Principle (not even
Sriman Narayana), provide a bathing place.
This way water and cleaning resource will not go
waste on TYPE (0).

I am not sure if this is a practical or feasible
solution.

This certainly happens in Tirumala, where HE
observably rules and is no longer elusive or
subtle.

Om Namo Narayana
--- Mani Varadarajan

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/