RE: support to divya dEsams

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 14, 2000

Srimathe Ramanujaya namaha
Sri Varara Muniye namaha

Dear Varadhan
Adiyen Gunaseelan wish to add some info about the some DD's current
situation . On seeing the mail I am sure that everyone will be enticed
towards the Kaimkaryam and let me pray that this  one fulfills the basic
need of the DDs which are in bad shape. I do know about srI. thirukkOshtiyUr
mAdhavan ,as adiyen was  little bit  involved in the Thiruvali Thirunagari ,
thirukkurayalur and Mangaimadam kaimkaryams . As my mother is from Thiruvali
Thhirunagari we are very involved with the ThiruMangai Alwar's kaimkaryam. I
do know that nithya kaimkaryam at Thirunagari and Thiruvali has been going
well under the guidance of Embar thirumaligai families . Utsavams as
Karthigail Karthigai, Vedupari, Nangoor GarudaSevai.. are going well under
His blessings and from hing involvement from various families.

Small description about Nangoor DDs
--------------------------------------

And I do know about the situation of Nangoor(9 almost) DD Perumal's nithaya
aradhanai ,as one of my relative is doing the aradhanai daily for 4-5
temples. Its really pathetic to see the situation where 4000 andanar
families lived once . If any one wants to have a dharsan of Perumal in these
DD , I feel Nangoor Garuda Sevai time  is the best occasion (thai masa
Ammavasai) and on all other days you have to be really lucky that the
battar's aradhanai time( once in morning and once in evening) matches with
your visit.

Exception :
Annankoil(thiruvella kulam) - Madhava Battar resides in the same place and
he will take care of all your needs and the service rendered by him is
excellant.
Narayana Perumal Koil (Manimada koil) , Vaiguntha Vinnagaram & Parthan Palli
you can be sure of His Dharsan.

This is the situation adiyen have seen 5 monhs back and dont know whether it
has improved a lot in the recent months , I doubt it.

Also adiyen have personally seen the improvement in the Kurayaloor temple
after the Samprokshanai for which srI. thirukkOshtiyUr mAdhavan was the key.
Earlier , belive me ,it was very bushy and even dangerous to go inside the
temple. This is the first temple where Thirumangai Alwar will do
Mangalasasanam(around 2 pm) before strating His journey to Nangoor
GarudaSevai.Adiyen have  seen the temple under that circumstance only and
hence the impression and now it has improved a lot and you can have a
Dharsan of Ugra Narasimhar beautifully.

I do know and visited the Mangaimadam temple this Jan/Feb '00, even during
Alwar's Mangalasasanam it was very difficult for the Ghosti to sit and
recite. I hope( I may be wrong) the Perumal( Yoga Narasimhar) is in
Balalayam for long period(4-5 yrs) . I do know that srI. thirukkOshtiyUr
mAdhavan has been taking various steps in completing the kaimkaryam but I am
not too sure about the current plan.

At the end Adiyen do wish to enroll myself for this program reg the DD
kaimkaryam , Adiyen  do prefer Thiruvali Thiunagari if blessed.

I know that I have over poured due to my Alwar's involvement and let me Pary
to Him that this Kaimkaryam be fulfilled by His blessings

Thirumangai Alwar Thiruvadigale Saranam.

Adiyen Ramanuja dasan
Gunaseelan