Re: Response to Funding of various of Srivaishnava Causes

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 8, 2000

Sri. Malolan and others who share this mindset: There already exists one
such organization - SVSS (Sri Vaishnava Seva Samithi); it operates as a
registered tax-exempt charity in the USA, and also (recently) has been
granted similar status in India under section 80-G.  There are about 4
volunteers in Bangalore including my father, who are in the process of
administering the funds transmitted to SVSS-India with a goal to form a corpus fund whose
proceeds can be donated to Srivaishnava causes.
This year, the contributions from USA to SVSS were directly sent to their destinations since
80-G clearance hadn't been obtained at that time.  For details, please refer to the SVSS web
page:

http://www.geocities.com/vaishnavas/

I have mentioned this before, and wish to say it again: Please pitch in
and help make a difference.  Even Sri. Rangapriya Mahadesikan Swami
recently mentioned in Bangalore, that Srivaishnavas should meet the
challenge of these times by donating about a tenth of their earnings to
such charitable causes.  No matter which divya desam, temple or matham
you visit today, you will find the overwhelming need for financial support.
This is simply because each one of us does not do our bit.  All Srivaishnava institutions
today can be well placed, if we collectively pitch in with a
fraction of our income.  We have a LOT TO LEARN from the so-called
RELIGIONS OF THE BOOK, in my humble opinion.

Please peruse the above URL and register for regular contributions,
which will be tax-deductible.  If you have questions contact Nagu Satyan
at email: satyan@worldnet.att.net or reply to my email (below).

aDiyEn,
-Srinath Chakravarty
email: xsrinath@ti.com

>    Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 01:02:03 +0530
>    From: Malolan Cadambi

> Let us try to form a Samithi which will be responsible for handling all thefinances. We
> could contiubuted on a regular basis to this samithi, which will cater towards the need for
> all kainkaryams undertaken in the future. Instead of us contributing towards kainkaryams
> individually, we could contribute on a regular basis to the Samithi will consequently,
> proportionally distribute finances towards kainkaryams.

**BELIEFNET SHOPPING**  Save $20 at the Beliefnet store! Thousands of
religious and spiritual gifts and products. Now- get $20 off purchases
of $50 or more through July 10.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5591/5/_/716111/_/963124284/