From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 2, 1998

At 07:20 PM 12/31/97 -0800, R Dhindhwal wrote:
>In one of the messages i received, it said, "When one abandons
>prescribed karmas casually and does not care. . ."

PLEASE NOTE:
In  visistadvaita, prescribed karmas to those of appropriate varnas, cannot
be abandoned without incurring sin. If some varnas do not have prescribed
karmas "normal social service type karmas" serve as prescribed karmas for
them.  I dont know the origin of the original message. but this is the
bottom line.