Re: [SriRangaSri] Re: Fwd: essence of saligramam worship: Part I

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 27, 2003

Namo Narayana,

I heard a discourse by Sri Velukkudi Krishnan where he
mentioned that the practice of leaving the saligramam
in a bag of rice is not correct.
The Saligrama murthy is to be trated like a five month
old child. In case we are leaving our house, then we
should try and leave the saligrama murthy with someone
in the neighbourhood or relation who will take care of
the Aradhanai for the said period.
In fact just leaving uncooked rice does not serve the
purpose. If we keep rice and dhal (uncooked) in front
of a 5 month old child can it make use of it? probably
it will land up with a stomach upset.
The above paragraph is not my view but what I heard
from Sri V. Krishnan's discourse.

We should take utmost care and probably it is
advisable to take it along with you if you are
travelling for more than a day.

Honestly speaking , it is sad, but I do find that in
many homes the male members do not always perform the
Aradhanam to the saligramam. I also read some reply
saying that the when women offer rice to the saligrama
murthy the box should remain closed.
Can someone please clarify. Can small male children
who have not had samashrayanam open the box and offer
flowers / tusi to Saligramam?

I am awaiting the second post of Saligramam eagerly.
Can some learned member clarify the doubts with