Re: Regarding Tharpanams

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 20, 2000

Thanks to Anbil Swamigal for a very informative posting.  I have heard that
the tarpanam on Ashtaka and Anvastaka (Krishna paksha ashtami and navami)are
most imporatant during the month of 'Maasi'.  Just like the 4 major
sankramana tarpanams the practice of offering tarpanams on rest of the
months is not much in vogue.

Dasan

Vijayaraghavan