Re: charama-shlOka

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 7, 1999

Dear Sri Sudarshan :

The coincidence of receiving your mail soon after
listening this morning to the most insightful and
blessed upanyAsam of Srimadh Azhagiya Singar
some ten minutes ago can only be described as
extraordinary .The great Jeeyar was blessing us
from Thuvarimaan near Madhurai and was  reaching us
all over the USA .

In an hour long tele-bridge upanyAsam to
the AasthikAs of North America ,His Holiness
the Jeeyar of Ahobila Mutt chose the topic
of SaraNAgathi , Chaarama slOkam and
GeethaAchAryan as Sarva Rakshakan and
Moksha DhAyakan .He pointed out the importance
of SaranAgathi with profound quotations
from purvAchAryAs and AzhwAr's Sri Sookthis .
It was one of the most blessed experiences
of one's life time to listen to the anugraha
bhAshaNam of H.H. The Jeeyar . I will try to
summarize the highlights later .

Since the Mahaan Mukkur LakshminrusimhAcchAr Swamy
is a matam sishyar with the 42nd and 43rd Jeeyars as His
AchAryAs , it was another great coincidence .

The next coincidence is that you are connected to both
Kaanchi and ThiruvEnkatam by birth . At Kaanchi , the Moolavar
displays in His hastham " maa Sucha : " that you wrote about.
At Oppiliappan Koil , ThiruviNNagarappan displays in
His lower right hand the words of the same charama slOkam ,
" MaamEkam SaraNam vraja ". What a complimentary message from
both the ArchA Murthys ! At ThiruviNNagar, the Lord
accepted the SaraNAgathi of NammAzhwAr .Kaanchi
VaradarAjan sent as presents both AchArya RaamAnujA
and Swami Desikan to Sri RanganAthan .

Today is a blessed day to stir all these
thoughts arising from H.H.The Jeeyar's
anugraha bhAshaNam  and it is only
appropriate to thank Sri ParthasArathy
Dileepan to identify the exactly right kind of
Tele-bridge connection to enjoy  the upadEsam of
the great Jeeyar without any technical problems .

The MahA KaaruNikar , H.H. The Jeeyar rushed to
bless us after participating in the DolOthsavam
for KaNNan at His sanchAra aasthAnam at ThuvarimAn ,
where another great Ahobila Matam Jeeyar
( H.H. The 40th pattam )has his BrindhAvanam
on the banks of Vaighai river .He ascended to
Parama Padham on a Thai KrishNa paksha TrayOdasi
day . This year , that memorable day
falls on February 13 . This Jeeyar's( H.H. The 40th Jeeyar's)
archA mUrthy is so beautiful and reminds one
of Swami Desikan's archai at ThiruvahIndhrapuram .
All of these anubhavams might have gone thru the mind
of the Prakrutham Parama Hamsa Jeeyar to choose the topic
of SaraNAgathi as parama hitham for today's
updEsam and quote profusely from Swami Desikan's
Sri Sookthis and Thirumazhisai AzhwAr's extraordinary
pasuram on SaraNAgathi .

AchAryan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Oppiliappan Koil VaradaachAri Sadagopan

At 07:36 AM 2/7/99 PST, you wrote:
>Dear bhAgavatOttamA-s,

-- I can't help remembering an old story connected