Re: AargyaPradhana Manthram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 13, 1998

Sri.Krishna Kalale swami,

I am unfortunate right now that I am in UK and not in India.I am very
lucky to become a member of this group and read many interesting
articles through which I can spend atleast little time with Bagavadh
dhyanam.

Adiyen
Raghuveera Dasan

===
Cheers
Raghu
Tel :	00-44-141-5532197 (Work);00-44-141-4332541 (Home)
email:	sraghu@rocketmail.com,sraghu@gssec.bt.co.uk
	sraghu@hotmail.com
http://members.tripod.com/~s_raghu/index.html

---Krishna Kalale  wrote:

> Dear Sri Raghuveeran,
>
> thanks for the note.  Please feel free to contact me for anything.
It is
> blessed to be in touch with bhagawatas like you since you have the
> immediate association of our acharyas and archamurthis back in India.
>
> Adiyen Krishna Kalale
>
> At 10:11 AM 2/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >Sri.Krishna Kalale swami,
> >
> >Thank you very much for your excellent explanation.I thought about
> >your answer yesterday.It definitely answers my doubt.
> >This is what I understood from your explanation.Please correct me
if I
> >am wrong in my understanding.
> >
> >Position of the sun influences the gunas in human beings.
> >Rahu affects  sun means even in day time sun's influence to induce
> >satva guna in us, is affected.
> >
> >If we are not having satva guna, our actions are influenced and we
> >will commit more and more mistakes .
> >
> >sandhyavandhana purifies our mind and we will think about Lord
> >Ranaganatha atleast for sometime which takes us in right and upgoing
> >direction and will gradually influence us to do Saranagathi at the
> >feet of Lord and attain salvation.
> >

> >Dhanyosmi
> >Adiyen
> >Raghuveera dasan
> >

> >===
> >Cheers
> >Raghu
> >Tel :	00-44-141-5532197 (Work);00-44-141-4332541 (Home)
> >email:	sraghu@rocketmail.com,sraghu@gssec.bt.co.uk
> >	sraghu@hotmail.com
> >http://members.tripod.com/~s_raghu/index.html
> >

> >---Krishna Kalale  wrote:

Narayana

> >places.

> >are

> >> I am pleased to hear such questions since some srivaishnavas I know
> >do not
> >> do Sandhyavandanam at all!.
> >>
> >> There is a mantra (uttered during shraddha rites - rakshogna mantra
> >- ).
> >> This explains the issues.  The meaning of the mantra needs to be
> >understood
> >> correctly since Vedas many a time use figurative language.  Proper
> >bhasyas
> >> are needed to understand them correctly.
> >>
> >> meaning as I understand:
> >>
> >> Surya is a kinkara of Lord and when Vedas say that Rahu affects
Sun or
> >> Rakshasas  affect Sun,  all it means that Rakshasas or Rahu which
is a
> >> negative force will affect the position of Sun who in turn
affects our
> >> minds and makes us do sins.  To obviate those sins, we need to
daily
> >rites
> >> such as Sandhyavandanam. Sandhyavandanam basically gives purity
to our
> >> minds and directs us to think about God and progress spiritually.
It
> >is a
> >> vihita karma, so it has to be done without expecting any fruit
> >whatsoever.
> >> If not done, it results in sin (pratyavaya dosa).  It does not make
> >any
> >> difference geographically where one is , as long as one does
> >Sandhyavandana
> >> even while on a plane at appropriate times.  the bottom-line is
> >Surya being
> >> affected basically affects us in giving us Gunas of different
kinds.
> > For
> >> example Tamoguna increases in the night to most beings and hence
> >they go to
> >> sleep.  This guna is brought about by the Sun's position.
Similarly