Re: Thiru maal irum sOlai - part 16 - azhagar kOil sirpa kalai mahimai

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 23, 1997

At 10:51 AM 2/21/97 -0800, Sri.Kalale wrote:
I never thought that place would
>matter.  I was even thinking from a highly philosophical view that "God is
>everywhere; lord is beyond space and time; why go to a particular place to
>think or realize God?"

Dear "bhAgavatOttamA-s",
The above remark reminded me of my 'manaseega-guru' U.Ve.Mukkur Swami II who
once said jocularly that although we all know the cow's body offers rich
milk it will not behove us to go and yank its tail or ears for it; we can
draw milk only from the animal's plentiful udders !!

Similarly, while it may be alright to say that Narayana is "antaryAmi" in
all Creation and you could experience Him everywhere, such experience is
full and complete, in a form acceptable to our weak faculties, only through
worship of "archA-murtI-s" in SriRangam, Tirumalai, Kanchi or
TirunarAyana-puram !

The great "milk of "tirupArkadal"" is available not in the "tails and ears"
of this vast "prakriti-mandalam" surrounding us; it only resides in the
handsome "udders" of the Lord's "divya-dEsam-s" which I, fancifully, like to
call "the fine and inexhaustible vending-machines of Pure Grace" !!

sudarshan