Re: Thiru maal irum sOlai - part 16 - azhagar kOil sirpa kalai mahimai

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 21, 1997

This is series on "Azhagar" from Sri Sampath Rengarajan is compelling me to
go for a visit to that kshetram.  These articles affect me more due to my
recent visit to similar places in India. I never thought that place would
matter.  I was even thinking from a highly philosophical view that "God is
everywhere; lord is beyond space and time; why go to a particular place to
think or realize God?"

But surprisingly, space, kshetrams and the environment of devotees will make
a thorough difference to our minds.  This is due to my recent experience in
India, hence, unquestionably true, at least to me.

( reminds me of the views of  our "Suka Brahmam" of bhagawatham - who,
itseems enjoyed Lord in a Nirguna Form and later on got transformed by the
unique simple bhakti of the gopikas and stated that Nirguna Jnana is dry
compared to the ever inspiring bhakti rasa for the Saguna form).

At 12:23 PM 2/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>part 16 - azhagar kOil sirpa kalai mahimai
>
>The   Windows  carved  from  stone  in  the  arththa
>mandapam    are   very  famous  for  and   are  very
>artistical  and  will attract the  viewers.  Viewers would
>wonder on this specialty of this windows.  The statues of
>KulasEkara azwar and ANDAL made of  seppu or  copper are so
>wonderfully done that one can keep looking  at them and
>plead for blessings  for  ever. The   vimaanam  represents
>the  three  pathams   of ashtaakksharam or thiru manthram
>and is  constructed in  three  stages  refracting this  3
>pathams.  The siRpam  carved on this vimanam and the siRpam
>carved on  the  prathaana gopuram are on Ramayan  and  maha
>baratha  and  are  of  great artistical  value.  The biggest
>attraction  of this vimannam  is  that  the shadow  of  this
>vimanam falls within this  vimaanam itself as similar to
>tanjore periya koil. This is  a specialty of this vimaanam.
>

>Sri ANDAL samEtha Sri KaLLazhagar thiruvadikaLE charaNam
>Sampath Rengarajan

Krishna Kalale
619-658-5612 (phone)
619-658-2115 (fax)