Re: paasurappadi raamayaNam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 4, 1997

Sri PeriyavAcchAn PiLLAi's Paasurapadi RamAyaNam
is indeed a beautiful version to recite.
His genius in weaving  a garland out of
the flowers of the AzhwArs' anubhavams
into a coherent whole is amazing indeed.
Thanks Sri Mani Varadarajan for reference to this
magnificient work by the VyAkhAyana Chakravarthi
on the the Surya Kula Chakravarthi.
Thanks to Srimathi Vaidehi KrishNa for the translation.
I used to have a fragment of this AruLiccheyal by
PeriyavAcchAn Pillai .I can not ind it . If some one of our group
has a full copy , I will volunteer to connect the
pieces of this " Jigsaw puzzle " by attempting to
identify the different word groups with the original sections
of the Pasurams in consultation with other knowledgable
members of the group and share it with you . The bonus
will be the understanding of the meanings of the individual
words or groups of words.
Please let me knw , if anyone has the Tamil text of the
Paasurapadi RamaayaNam .Thanks.
You can fax it to me at 914-923-1103 or mail it to me
at Apt6B-1 , Scarborough Manor , Scarborough , NY 10510
Thanks . V.Sadagopan