Re: Release of Upanishads - Vol II

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 17, 2003

Dear  BhakthAs and VedAbhimAnis:

It is my pleasure to let you all know
that SrI U.Ve. Maha Vidvan SrIman N.S.AnantharangAcchAr
Swamy's monograph in English (480 Pages long) has been
released in front of SrI Lakshmi Hayagriva PerumAL
and HH ParakAla  Matam  Jeeyar Swamy. HH SrI Rangapriya
Swamy also graced the occasion with His presence
and benedictions. This Second volume is on BruhadhAraNya
Upanishad and is the middle one in the series
of three monographs. The first one covers the commentaries
on 15 Upanishads  following Upanishad  BhaashyakArar ,
SrI RangarAmAnuja Muni's (16th century AchAryan)
original commnetary .The final one under preparation
by  Dr.NSA Swamy is on ChandhOgyam .

All of us are immensely grateful to Dr.NSA Swamy
for his most valued and  welcome contributions
to address a long present need to have Commentaries
following Bhagavad RaamAnuja sampradhAyam.

If you wish to acquire these monographs
for your libraries , please send e-mail to
SrIman Narasimhan Swamy  at the above  address.

If you are interested in particpating in this
project , please let me know.

Daasan , V.Sadagopan

At 03:31 PM 2/17/03 +0530, you wrote:
>Respected Sriman Sadagopan Swamin:

>The release function went on very well with the grace of Lord Lakshmi
Hayagriya and our acharyas yesterday and HH Parakala swamy released the book
Principal Upanishads -Volume II at the Parakala Mutt, Bangalore.

>It was pointed out by my father that it was very significant that Sri
>Rangaramanujamuni, who is the Bhashyakarar of these Upanishads took his
>sanyasam from Gjnanabdhi Parakala Swamy and the book is being released by
>HH Parakala Swamy too. My father spoke about the book for a while and
>the importance of everyone studying and understanding Bhagavan Ramanuja's
>interpretations of the Upanishads and HH Parakala Swamin also spoke about
>the book and the kainkaryams being done by my father and that the english
>version of the Upanishads is unique and would be very useful for the modern
>day people.
>
>The book has about 480 pages and similar getup as the first one. I will be
>sending you a copy by courier tomorrow. Kindly let me know of anyone
>who is travelling from India and can carry some copies for other contributors.
>I shall also keep a watch and try to send the books as soon as possible.
>
>My father has expressed his sincere thanks to you and all other
contributors for making this publication a success.