Re: Story on Vishnumaya

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 20, 2002

Hari Om. Thanks for giving the authentic story. What I
narrated was a cinematic version, which probably was
over-dramatised. Even otherwise, Jaya and Vijaya, the
Dwara Palakas of Sri Vishnu do take birth as Asuras in
three births, due to the curse of Sanaka and
Sanandana. So even if the cinematic version is
accepted, we can learn an appropriate lesson.

Sometime ago, in a similar vein, I thought of all of
us as Sapa Grasthas, like Sri Gajendra and Jaya Vijaya
etc. I did not read Milton's Paradise Lost, but I feel
all of us came from His Plane and so it is like losing
Paradise (Our swarga is different from the paradise).
So out of His kindness, He shows us the way to rejoin
Him.

I thank u for the linkages, but if the poems are in
Tamil, I am afraid I won't be able to understand.

Anyway, I will check up the links. In Sri Ramanuja's
biography, there is a chapter about this Azwar.

Thanks again. Hari Om Tatsat.

S.V.swamy

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/nov97/0006.html

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/jan97/0019.html