Re: Digest Number 538

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 18, 2002

Dear Gururaj, Swami Swarna and all other Vishnu bhakthas,
It is very true that in every religion, in every sub-sect, people who delve
deep into its philosophical, theological and scriptural aspects tend to
think that their's is the best!
And noticeably, the leaning towards such fanatism has been strong among the
Madhwas, the Lingayaths/Shaivas, Sri Vaishnavas, Gaudiya-Vaishnavas et al in
the Hindu-domain.
It is unfortunate that some youngsters have started to echo(or copy and
paste loose-translations/unstamped versions, or some convenient lines off
the scriptures) to what looks like an immature attempt to intimidate Vishnu
bhakthas, mislead into believing that they have been deputed to defend Sri
Vaishnavam and demolish other Vedantic belief systems or even merely to
speak on behalf of the **moderators**. Totally unsolicited behavior, one
must say.
All we do here in the Bhakthi list is enjoy the Lord's KalyAnagunas and help
ourselves fall back into thinking of Him. If we are to involve in a Sadhas,
as advised by all the informed and sensible bhakthas before, one should go
back to serving their Acharyas and learn as kalakshepams until the Acharya
authorises the disciple to preach or defend the Dharma, further on.

Please do not be intimidated by such juvenile surges urging you to enter the
war of words(they're are certainly not inviting you to a Sadhas!)
I pray that you all continue enjoying the nectarous information shared on
this forum.
dAsa/Sriyahkantha

PS: The most appealing concept in SriVaishnavam is Bhakthi and Prappathi
with the Acharya being the "key" holder to help release your soul from
Karmic bondage, with purportment from the the Vedas and the 4000 tamil
verses, and as interpreted by BhagavadhRamanuja and Gurus in his lineage.

Message: 2