Re: Question related to SrI vishNu sahsranAmam write-up.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 7, 2002

radhe govinda
namo narayana
hari hari

dear rohit prabhu, bhaagavatas ( and anna),
adiyal shall try to answer the question to my limited knowledge and i'm sure
other bhaktas will have better explanations.

as we all know one meaning of hari is green as was stated: -

varNaSca me harih SreshThah tasmAd harir-iti smRtah
|| (mahA. SAnti. 343.39)
"My superior complexion is green, and therefore I am
called Hari".

the reason why kanna says that his superior complexion is green is as
follows.

as we all know, blue is always associated with kannan's thirumeni,
nilothbalatalashyamam, nila megha shyamalan and the list goes on. so much so
that i'm sure that most bhaagavatas will get reminded of our sweet krishna
whenever we see the color blue, be it the  grand ocean or the limitless sky
or a small blue flower in a meadow. he manifests himself in all, great and
small.
but the color blue immediately brings kaarmegha kannan to our mind.our
beautiful nila meni maayavan,our mannavan.

and now to krishna's haldini shakthi, srimathi radharani. our thaayar, our
pirati.:) as we all know, radhe is always identified as the one with the
golden complexion. her beauty is matchless and her skin is of a breathtaking
mixture of sunshine yellow and golden hue. so much so that i'm sure that
when a bhaagavata's gaze settles on the moon or a golden creeper or a small
yellow flower in that same meadow next to our sweet small blue flower, at
once that bhaagavata will remember our radhika. so i guess it's no surprise
that when one reads poetry on our radhekrishna, they are described as the
moon and the sky, the golden creeper entwining a tree etc.

if all bhaagavatas will remember, when we were all in kindergarten, we all
used to play with paints. and our teachers taught us all how when we mix 2
different colors, we will gain a new 3rd color. for example when we mix red
and yellow we get orange.

so it is adiyal's humble guess that bhagavan too indulged in a bit of
painting. :)))

ergo, if we take  radhe krishna in a small math/paint equation, we would
have them like this :--

krishna (blue) + radha (yellow)= hari (green)

hari is the nama which also shows the union of radhekrishna. she is the
golden one and he the dark one...yet both are the same one. so it is
adiyal's guess that krishna says that his superior complexion is green,hari,
for it is a state and color where radhe is united with shyam. rather than
blue or black as we usually say is our madhavan's complexion.

so adiyal guess, that besides getting reminded of kanna and radhika when we
see the color blue and yellow, now we shall also get reminded of them 2
together when we see the color green... on earth, the grass the trees etc.
:))) isn't it so sweet of them to make it soooo easy for us to remember them
wherever we look? everywhere. the earth, the sky, the ocean everything echos
radhekrishna radhekrishna radhekrishna.

so where is the question of us not having time to think of radheshyam in our
busy lives, when all that surrounds us is radheshyam and it is us who refuse
to acknowledge them. to remember them.

with lottsa krishna premai
kalaivani
radhe shyam
radhe krishna
radhe govinda
namo venkateshaya
hari hari hari

p.s adiyal don't have any hard evidence from the vedas to back this up. if
i've said anything wrong, please pardon me and correct me.