Re: DUTIES OF A MAN

From the Bhakti List Archives

• January 31, 2002

It is stated in the Srimad Bhagavatam(11.5.41) that:

                    devarsi-bhutapta-nrnam pitrnam
                     na kinkaro nayam rni ca rajan
                    sarvatmana yah saranam saranyam
                    gato mukundam parihrtya kartam

     "Anyone who has taken shelter of the lotus feet
of Mukunda, the giver of liberation, giving up all
kinds of obligation, and has taken to the path in all
seriousness, owes neither duties nor obligations to
the demigods, sages, general living entities, family
members, humankind or forefathers." Such obligations
are automatically fulfilled by performance of
devotional service to the Supreme Personality of
Godhead.

The above is taken from part of a purport to Bhagavad
Gita chapter 1 text 41 of His Divine Grace Srila A.C.
Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

--- Vijayaraghavan Bashyam