Fw: Emperumanar Darsanam Are we being marginalised

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 27, 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: K.Sampathkumar
To: sampathkumar
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 9:10 PM
Subject: Emperumanar Darsanam Are we being marginalised

Dear friends of late I have started referring to dictionary for corrections, if any, while using the Queens language.Yesterday I opened the dictionary at random and it was pages 874-875 of Longman Dictionary Of Contemporary English.The first word was" maple" and the last word was" mark". In between, one word which attracted my attention was "marginalize".Let me reproduce as  in the dictionary."mar-gin-al-ize also ise to make a group of people unimportant and powerless.....Before I  continue on this  some important event took place  on Sunday the 25th at Chennai and let me cover on that at first instance.
"Manidha Neya Vainava Manadu" was organised by a group called Manidha Neya Vainava Iyakkam.It was a whole day conference conducted at Vaikuntavasaperumal Koil ,Koiyembedu.H.H.Sri Vadikesari Alaghiya Manavala Jeer Swami of Kancheepuram  rendered the Mangalasasanam.Kumaravadi Swami, Velukkudi Krishnan Swami,M.A.Venkatakrishnan Swami,Dr.V.V.Ramanujam Swami and a number of others  spoke on different topics but the central theme of all the speeches was around Manidha Neyam.like Empiranum ManidhaNeyamum,Alwargalum Manidha Neyamum,Acaryargalum Manidha Neyamum and Vainavum- Manidha Neya Iyakkame.
To put in a lay man language, it was all about the concern,caring about,love towards human beings by Lord Emperumanar,Alwargals and Acharyas.It was impressed that the Srivaishnavam is a movement for the concern ,caring about and love towards  human beings.
The gentleman behind this movement is Prof Dr. Partha sarathy who has written a number of books in lucid Tamil and behind him there are  Tamil, Sanskrit and English Prof s fully entrenched  in Srivainavum.One difference about this Srivaishnava group is that they do not stop just by talking and organizing conferences.They have started penetrating into villages with the message of Emperumanar Darsanam.Recently the group visited a village where the entire village except  few families got converted  into other religion.Boldly they have persuaded the remaining families to remain in the Srivaishnava faith.They have kept the Photograph of Udayavar,given them Thirupavai and Nalayira Divya Prabhandam books and have encoraged them to follow the Srivaishnavism.I enquired whether I can also join in these  holy trips when I came to know that they are planning to visit another village. Pat came the reply,"Swamin,if you can partake with them the fruits and milk which are offered as Prasadams then pl join.Few joined  in these trips earlier and declined to have the prasadams by the village folks and it was embarrassing."  Honestly to me these are all the men, the flag bearers and gaurdians of Emperumanar Darsanam.The representatives of this movement had attended the Brain Storming sessions on Emperumanra Darsanam  coordinated by Velukkudi Krishnan Swami earlier.They kept on impressing  that any action plan has to necessarily start in the villages.They  reasoned it out that 80% of the population is in villages and small towns.They have to be targetted  rather than preparing any action plan for 20% of city dwellers who otherwise are aware of our faith but tend to follow what they feel like doing.They felt events are taking place at much faster pace and their actions are like a small drop in  a lake  ".We are being marginalised ."  What a way to indicate what was happening  today.,according to them.
Srivaishnavas in around Triplicane, Srirangam and few other Divya Desams claim there are a number of activities , for propagation ,  being carried out continuously and that at time it appears whether these activities are being done more than required. At this point of time I do not desire to dipute this .
Believe me ,it was a sheer coincidence that  I  struck on the word marginalise when I opened the dictionary and the statement made by these Srivaishnava group indicating we are being marginalised.
I may be permitted to don the coat of a lawyer and put forth the points on behalf of the Petitioners-claiming  Srivaishnavas are being marginalised.I am not sure whether Sri T.S.Ramaswamy Sr Advocate and  one of the coordinators of Yathi Sammelan will come to my rescue or appear on behalf of  Defendants who claim enough activities are being carried on.
:"My Lord Sriman Narayana,pl adjourn the case for another day for me to present the case".
Jaya Sriman Narayana
Sri Mudaliyandan Swami shishya sampth