Re: [parakalamutt] Sri SatyakAlam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 6, 2001

Dear Sri. Balaji:  Many thanks for commencing this wonderful series
which cuts right to the heart of post-rAmAnuja Srivaishnavism.  Just
like swAmi geethAchAryan's upadesam in mahAbhArata is of utmost
importance among all the itihAsas, so are the magnificient contributions
of poorvAchAryALs like Sri. vAtsya varadaguru, Sri. sudarsana soori,
Sri. Pillai LokAchArya and swAmi Sri. Desikan brought to light through
this chaotic period of war and invasion.

adiyEn takes the liberty of comparing the epic story of Sri. satyakAlam
in Srivaishnavism with the bhagawad geethai of Srimad mahAbhArata.
Bhaktas may kindly overlook any errors in my emotional reaction.  I
keenly await reading the remaining two parts of this series.

thooppul thiruvEnkatam udayAn thiruvadigaLE SaraNam

Thanks and regards,
-Srinath C.