RE: Information about Narasimha

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 28, 1999

--- Rajaram Venkataramani  wrote:
> Dear Sri. Sampath,
> Thank you for your mail informing me about the
> pastime of Lord Narasimha.
> It is nice to know that there were such great
> personalities as
> Desikacharyar. Even if in my conditioned state, I
> will not perceive the
> Lord in perhaps a million lifetimes :), I will
> definitely try to visit
> Vellukai-Kanchipuram. The dust there might purify
> one of all the sinful
> propensities. If time permits please translate
> kAmasikshAshtakam for me (or
> send me a translated version) as I do not know
> sanskrit. Are all the eight
> (?) verses on Lord Narasimha ?
>
> With warm regards
> Rajaram V.

Dear Sri.Rajaram,

Please do visit Vellukai and obtain the blessings of
our Lord Nrisimhan there.

If you want an English translation of the
"kAmAsikAshtakam" I think several erudite members of
the bhakti-list have posted portions or whole of it in
the past and they should be available in the archives.
Sri.Sadagopan and Sri.Muralidhar Rangaswamy come to
adiyen's mind readily, though there might be many
other scholars too.

Regards,
dAsan,
Sampathkumaran