RE: Srivaishnavism in isolation.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 7, 1999

Dear Sheshadri Ranganathan,

The situation you are facing is nothing new.  It happens to many
srivaishnavas.  You should mingle with people and try to talk to them what
they are talking about.  You may not be able to express your ideas publicly
since they may not agree with the view of others.

Try to make time for yourself to learn and read about our scriptures.
 Reading about scriptures, particularly upanisads (for me) gives me lot of
strength to face life and problems of isolation in general.  It is good to
somehow go to temples often.  If you find a vaishnava temple it is fine.
 If you find a Harekrishna temple that is also fine since atleast Lord
Krishna is common to us.  You can also try to meet srivaishnavas here and
there to have a comfortable atmosphere.  YOu should definitely keep
Bhagavadgita handy and read a chapter a day.  That will keep all sorrows
away.