Fwd: Sangatthamizh Malai

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 17, 2002

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
For all those Shri Vaishnavites who understand Tamil and who are eager to
read a wonderful research book on Shri Andal's Thiruppavai (with references
to purvacharya granthams and no self introduced explanations). Interested
people may read the mail below.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,
Lakshmi Narasimhan

-------Original Message-------

From: vishnupriya_vp@hotmail.com
Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 09:30:07
To: nrusimhan@hotmail.com
Subject: Sangatthamizh Malai

Dear Shri Narasimhan,
As I see the messages coming in that talk about margazhi masam and Shri
Andal, I thought this would be the right time to let you all know about a
book authored by Shrimathi Kothai Venkatapathy (Grand Daughter of Shri U.Ve
Karappangadu Venkatachar Swami). The book has been named as "Sangatthamizh
Maalai".This is totally a research work on Andal's Thiruppavai & naachiyar
Thirumozhi which describes the  greatness of SriAndal. The research covers
various topics like, Why Thiruppavai is considered as  "Vedam anaithukkum
vitthu"  and various reasons why Shri Andal was described as "Azhwargal tham
seyalai vinji nirkum thanmayalai" by Shri Manavala Mamunigal.This work is
mainly intended to make people realise the importance & greatness of
Thiruppavai & Sriaandal as the meanings are explained in a simple way & in
understandable form.This book is in tamil.

I have 6 copies of this book with me. I reside in New Jersey and my address
is below. In case I run out of copies then the only way to get these copies
are by requesting Shrimathi Kothai Venkatapathy who resides in India. The
azhagiasingar madam has also got copies of this book.The cost of this book
is $10 (excluding shipping) and has been priced so low only with the
intention that all the money that comes from the sale of these copies would
be COMPLETELY used only for Shri Andal Kainkaryam. Shrimathi Kothai
Venkatapathy has already done many Andal Kainkaryams like Re-constructing
the Andal's Sannadhi, construction Noodhana Kannadi Arai in Mylapore
Madhavaswamy sannidhi, made a new Parangi Narkali for Shri Villiputthur
Andal, contributed new Shotashaupachara sets including  Samaram
Thiruvalavattu etc to Shri Villiputthur Andal, to name a few.

My contact address is

Vishnupriya Srinivasan,
52-06,Quail Ridge Drive
Plainsboro
NJ 08536
Ph 609 716 8814
E-Mail: vishnupriya_vp@hotmail.com

Smt Kothai's Address (India)

Smt Kothai Venkatapathy
M106/8, 29th Cross St
Besant Nagar
Chennai - 600 090
E-Mail - kothaiv@eth.net

My intention is only to let everyone know of this wonderful article on Shri
Andal. No intent to promote some unknown book, that is not useful to Shri
Vaishnavites using this list.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasyai,
Vishnupriya Srinivasan