Narayaneeyam Text

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 13, 2002

Dear Shri Bhattathity,

 I read with interest your posting in Bhakti-List, reproduced below:
  Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:02:06 +0530
  From: Bhattathity M P
  Subject: Narayaneeyam day.

  Tomorrow is the Narayaneeyam day on this day Sri.Melpathur  Narayana
  Bhattathiry the great devotee of Sri. Guruvayoorappan completed the writing
  of Narayaneeyam, an abridged form of Srimad Bhagavatham, and presented to
  Sri Guruvayoorappan and his illnes is completely cured.It was a wonder that
  next day onwards he was able to walk freely as he was suffering from
  paralysys.
  Let us pay our obeisance to Sri Guruvayoorappan to give us health which is
  the greatest wealth.

For some time past, I wanted to post on the internet the electronic text of Narayaneeyam and commenced the work a few weeks ago. I was considering uploading the file on completion upto Dasaka 100. But on reading your posting about the anniversary of the completion of the Composition by Narayana Bhattathiri, I felt it might be appropriate to post my edited compilation earlier after I edited Dasaka 38, Sri Krishna avataram, yesterday. The text in Sanskrit and Roman is at: http://home.attbi.com/~chinnamma/Narayaneeyam/NarayaneeyamText.htm

Since there are bound to be errors of commission and omission, may I request you to go through this at your leisure and bring to my notice any corrections that might be needed. Any other suggestions in this regard are also welcome.

Dasan,
Krishnaswamy

Copy forwarded to Members of Bhakti and Oppiliappan Groups, with a request for assistance in identifying errors in the electronic text.
Krishnaswamy