RE: PeriyAzhwAr Thirumozhi 3.3- en kuttanE! muttham thaa...

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 10, 2002

Note from Moderator:  An introduction to the following is in order.  The following contains a private note that SrI Gunaseelan sent to the Moderators and to SrI Madhvakkannan, and SrI Madhavakkannan's response to it, which he would like posted on the list.  I undertand that the position of different AcArya-s may be different on the issue of what can and cannot be undertaken during the anadhyayana kAlam.  Members who wish to share their understanding of this can feel free to share them.  However, for maximum benefit, please only share the authentic views of our AcArya-s, if you wish to.   This should be done in the spirit of sharing of information.)
SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:
Dear Sriman Gunaseelan,

Thanks for your query. One vidwAn in Srirangam (when asked the same
question) mentioned that anadhyayanam is actually to intend everyone in the
Divya Desam to visit the temple, listen to Araiyar Sevai, enjoy the
Uthsavams, and temporarily stop reciting Vedas, Divya Prabandhams etc.. at
home.

First of all, we do not even recite at home regularly (perhaps once in a
week or even once in few months). [At least I don't:-) ] nor do we go to the
temple to enjoy Araiyar SEvai :-(...

Also, Bhagawathas attend Kalakshepams at various places [even in India]
during anadhyayanam.

I principle, what you say is correct. If I post everyday PeriyAzhwAr
Thirumozhi then I need to abstain from posting the same.. I am posting once
in a week (that too, irregularly, due to busy office work and laziness as
well:-)

If someone recites after reading aDiyEn's post once, PerumAL would be
pleased and kOvicchukka maatAr:-)

Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan
PS: In my school days, my father used to make a time table as to when I need
to study what subject during study holidays (befroe exam). He also allocates
time for play and rest.. eat.. etc.. I always follow his time table only
when the time for rest, sleep, play and eat comes... No one can question as
I am simply following my father's words.. :-) When I think of not reciting
something under the rpetext of Anandhyayanam, only this comes to my
mind:-).. [in lighten vein of course..]