Re: Ramayanam and Divya Prabhandam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 1, 2002

Namo Narayana,

Valmiki Ramayanam is treated as an authentic work
because, Bramha himself blessed Valmiki and told him
that all that you write - 'the charitram of Rama' is
Sathyam and only Sathyam. Whatever happened is what
will be an outpour from your mouth.
This was a special blessing from Bramha. This is the
reason why our Poorvacharyas consider Valmiki Ramayana
as undisputed. I think we should not brush aside this.

If we believe in Ramayana and the way it all started ,
then we must accept the fact that all other Ramayanas
are but the emotional versions of the origin.

In no way am I trying to compare any of the versions.
It is an individual style and anubhavam that is the
beauty of any poet and all these versions only enhance
ones liking and we are lucky to be able to enjoy all
these anubhavams.

However, Valmiki Ramayanam(I once again iterate) is
considered the original version.I do not remember the
details now. I will look up and try and post a gist of
the origin, probably from the Krouncha pakshi episode
to the Starting of Ramayana.
Ramanuja dasi

http://mailplus.yahoo.com