RE: Administration - 2/02 - Use of Archives.

From the Bhakti List Archives

• November 27, 2002

Agreed! Searching English words are quite easier than hunting Sanskrit or
tamil words.  So, to make search easier, can we include a footer which looks
something like "keywords: Tamil Tamizh sandhayavandhanam santhyavandhanam",
containing few commonly used variants of keywords.

Adopting this keyword strategy, searching becomes quite easier and results
are more appropriate.

If this seems to be feasible, please try to adopt.

Thanx,
Narayanan

-----Original Message-----
From: champakam [mailto:champakam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 7:05 AM
To: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Administration - 2/02 - Use of Archives.

Dear Members:

1. Last week, I sent a note in which I made some recommendations on
the AcArya prostrations.  I got one response, in which the member
indicated that it is best to keep this section to a couple of lines.
This member recommended that the Moderator be authorized to replace
anything longer, with "SrI:, SrImate rAmAnujAya namah".  I will wait
for a few more days to see if there are other suggestions, and then
go ahead with the implementation of this suggestion, if there are no
major objections.

(One member got the impression from my previous mail on this subject
that I was insisting on at least a couple of lines of prostrations to
AcArya-s.  This was not my intent.  My intent was that, those who
include this section, should limit it to two or three lines maximum.
It was not my requirement that everyone must include this section).

2.  A lot of very useful, informative, and educational material is
effectively communicated and exchanged in our forum.  Since the
bhakti list has been in active existence for several years now, a lot
of information exchange has taken place, and SrI Mani has had the
foresight to archive all the correspondence in easily accessible and
retrievable form.

I would like to make one observation. This relates to the
postings where people ask for information such as the meaning of a
given pASuram, a given stotram, or other informational questions.
Since I have been a member of the forum for a few years now, I
recognize that some of these questions have been discussed before in
quite some detail, and so I have been responding to the members by
first looking at the archives myself, and then giving them the
reference to when the issue has been discussed.  My request to the
members is that before they post their questions, they kindly take
some time to go through the archives and see if their question have
already been discussed, and post their question only if they are
unable to get the answer to their question.  I assume this is the
purpose of archiving all the correspondence from previous years.  So
please make good use of them.

I plan to keep sharing observations such as the above periodically,
and I hope these will be of value especially to the newer members of
the bhakti list.

-Your Moderator.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.