RE: Digest Number 210

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 12, 2000

Sri Raamajayam
SrimathE GopAla DEsika MahA DEsikAya Namaha

Dear Smt.MythrEyi Srivaths(Smt.Srivatsan),
							As with learning Grantham, mere knowing the story in brief, will not let you appreciate the reality, to foster belief or admire the greatness(MahAtmas) of every character portrayed in Srimad Raamayanam.   Even though all of us see the suffering of Thayaar in Srimad Raamayanam, Sri.Raama suffered more to uphold righteousness and truth(Sirasanjali Mathaaya......Ramam Sri Satya Paraakramam).  Sri.Raama was Satya Swaroopam, and he delivered himself in perfect harmony to the Pramaanas(Shastras), and served as an "OUTSTANDING" Example for humanity, without attaching emotions when delivering justice.  You have to note that Sri.Valmiki was able to witness Sri.Raama's life(including Sri.Raama's private conversations with his consort), and hence knowing the Moola Grantham, and Vyakyaanam would let you transcend in time and emotions, to come to a correct conclusion.   There are so many things AdiyEn learnt from Sri.PVP's commentary, through Sri.Velukkudi Krishnan Swamy's TeleUpa!
 nyaasam, which are never visible in knowing just the jist from a Paati Kathai(Grandmother's story).

A few episodes will bring us in tears,
1.Sri Raama fulfilling the vows of King Dasarathaa and going to forest(NO FAULT OF HIS).
2.Sri Raama showering love on every acquaintance/living creature from Ayodhya to Sri Lanka(Maharishis,Guha,Sugreeva, Hanumaan,Sabhari,Jataayu,Vibeeshana)
3.Sundarakaandam
4.Saranaagathi of Vibheeshana
5.incidents just before the Pattabhishekam of the Lord......I can mention a lot more, just on hearing some of these from Upanyaasam, and I can imagine how wonderful if AdiyEn had been blessed to study the Moola Grantham and relish Poorvacharyas Vyakyaanam on this Maha Kavyam.

Ofcourse having said all this, AdiyEn always have a soft corner for Thayaar, even though she is part and parcel of the Lord, for her Divya Kalyaana Gunaas which are more forgiving of our greatest sins as our dear mother would.

Narayana! Narayana!

AdiyEn Sri Raamanuja Daasan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi

Message: 3