Re: CHAR DHAM

From the Bhakti List Archives

• December 1, 2000

Thiruvengada Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam.

Dear Sriman Sudarsan swamin,

namo nArAyaNa.

Nice to see your posting on CHAR DHAM. Your observation that the last in
the four dhAms could be Dhanushkodi is very beautiful and interesting.
Inspired by your posting I would like to post the following Slokas I have
read.

prAchyAm dEvam jagannAtham bhukti mukti pradAyakam
sakrut prapannAbhayadam avAchyAm setu mAdhavam
pratIchyAm dwArakAnAtham SaraNAgata rakshakam
udIchyAm badarI nAtham namAmyashtAkshara pradam

in this Sloka, we salute

1.Lord jagannAtha of the East, Who bestows on us both material progress and
salvation,
2. Chakravarti SrI kumAran in the South, Who has given an assurance to
protect whoever seeks refuge in Him,
3. Lord dwArakAnAth of the West, Who has kept His word (by coming to the
rescue of draupadI et al.),
4. Lord ThirunAraNan in the North, Who has given us the most powerful
ThiruvashtAkasharI mahA mantra.

Thus Lord Srinivasa is eagerly waiting for us on all four sides of the
country.

dAsAnudAsn
vishnu

P.S: I am going to thirunIramalai on this Sunday. so if you see this mail,
kindly reply immediately giving the address of rAmar's sannidhi near
Pallavaram station.

http://www.iitian.com : An Extraordinary place for Extraordinary people