From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 12, 1999

>From: Balaji Seshadri
>Subject: Sankalpam
>Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
>To: bhakti@lists.best.com
>
>i m staying in an US city and trying to live upto Vaishnavite
>traditions.can anyone please tell me about Sankalpam which
>i should say , especially during Avani Avittam & Gayatri Japam.
>expecting your replies eagerly
>
>balaji seshadri

Dear Sri seshadri :
Further to Sri Anbil Swamy's posting on the subject ,
I can help you with the specific sankalpam for this
year for these two functions .

If you live however close to a temple in the city
you live, the priests there can help you since they
have a ghOshti normally , which performs the Two
observances with their help .They will have pooNals too.
If you are a bachelotr, there will be additional
observances that need to be performed .

There are articles in the Bhakthi archives from lasy year
or the year before around this time written by Sri Vijaya-
Raghavan of Buffalo , NY and myself on the AvaNI avittam
and Gayathri Japam that you may wish to look at as well.

Instead of posting a long note on the net , I will be happy
to help yourself and those who need the sankalpam and the manthrams
incase you are not having access to a temple or some one who
knows the sankalpam customized for this year's thithi and
nakshathram  et al.
best wishes ,
V.Sadagopan